China is situated in East Asia and it is one of the most populated countries in the world with a population of over 1.35 billion. Beijing is the capital city of China. China is official known as People’s Republic of China. China covers the area about 9.6 million square kilometer. Area wise, China is world’s second largest country.
The People’s Republic of China is a socialist republic ruled by a single Communist party.
Some of the interesting facts about China are cited below
The official language of China is Mandarin, but within China only 53 per cent of the population communicates in Mandarin language. Other important languages in China are Wu, Min, Jin, Xiang, Hakka, Gan, Hui, Ping, Tibetan.
The government was much concerned about their growing population, so in the year 1979 the government introduced “one child policy”. If the lady is pregnant for the second time she was forced to undergo abortion. Thereafter in the year 2013 the policy was loosened to have maximum two children, if one or both of the parents were only child themselves.
China is beautiful land and appealing to adventurous visitors. It has wide variety of terrain and climate that makes the country full of natural attractions.
Above all china play a critical role in the global economy. The speed and size of economic development in the recent years have gone up and has transformed the small emerging market into a geopolitical bruiser. Its economy has grown 7 times as fast as America’s over the past decade.
The Great Wall of China has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. It is one of the icons which have become the mankind’s widespread new Seven Wonders of the World. The Great Wall of China was built with the help of over million people, some of them were prisoners some of them were peasants, some of them died during the constructions. It has four popular sections which can be visited namely, the Badaling section, Mutianyu section, Simatai section and Shixiaguan section. All of them serve different purposes for scholars, tourists and researchers on a Great Wall of China tour.
Interesting facts about China
- The most interesting fact is China has given four great inventions to the world. Paper, gunpowder, printing and the compass was invented in China.
- Some of the unique and distinctive features of China are arts and crafts, painting, operas and embroideries.
- Chinese literature testifies to country’s rich heritage.
- The most popular Chinese cuisine is spread throughout the world in every nook and corner.
- Chinese New year is the most significant of all the Chinese holidays. People all over the worlds unite together in their tradition and celebrate the New Year that lasts for almost 15 days.
- China is among the largest exporters of good in the world. China tends to import more raw material and export the finished product.
- Religion has been officially discouraged in China under the communist system. Majority of the people in china are the followers of Buddhism nearly 50 % of population. About 14% are Atheist, 4% Christians and 1.5 % Muslims and a minute percent of Hindu followers.
- China borders 14 countries namely, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Burma, India, Khazaksthan, North Korea, Kyrqyzstan, Laos, Mangolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Tazakistan and Vietnam.
- China has winter climate with average winter temperature below freezing point with records low of -30 degrees Celsius. It also receives about 200 cms rain annually.
- China is the fastest growing economy in the world with an annual increase of 10%.
- Ice-cream, which was first introduced in China around 2000BC. It was made from soft milk and rice packed in the snow – a surprising fact.
- During the Tyang dynasty educated people started greeting to another person in a poetic form.
- ketchup was originated in china in the form of pickled fish sauce.
- China has world’s largest Christian population.
- Consumption of animals like rat dogs cats have drastically reduced as they have now started keeping them as pets in their house. But still snake is one of their favorite.
- It is found in China that their average per day consumption of pig is nearly 1.7 million.
- Chinese get a day off from work to sweep their ancestors grave.
- China is a big house of superstitious and numerology. They still consider 13 to be an omen for anything. Right from houses to telephone numbers.