Eyes are one of the most precious gifts given to us. From the beginning of morning to the sleeping at the night as we as in every moment of life our sight is helpful for us. Our eyes detect light and allow us to see. With the help of eyes and in the appearance of sufficient light, one can easily watch the things of his surroundings. But did you ever thought that how eyes works? Eyes are the most complicated structure of our body. There are so many interesting facts about eyes those are implausible. It is very difficult for a person to imagine about life without his sight. Do you know that a human eye blinks 12 time is a minute, about 10,000 in a day, and over 4,200,000 times in a year?
Eyes look very simple from outer but it is made up of a very intricate arrangement. Some scientists have called them a “surprise of the nature.” With these factors and interesting facts about eyes, it is a sensitive part too, which needs lots of care. In this modern era, many inventions are based on the technique of “eye’s work.” A very surprising factor related to eyes is, it takes over 2 million parts of eyes to work together in order to see. Normally quality of visibility of anything as images, or other objects is measured by “mega Pixels”, our eye is 576 mega pixels. Let us know some more stunning and interesting facts about eyes. Do you know which people is said to be normal in terms of eye’s healthiness? According to doctors, a person who can read characters from 20 feet distance is considered as normal.
Interesting facts about eyes
Followings are some most Interesting facts about eyes:
- The light and sensitive tissue lining the internal face of your eye is recognized as the retina, acting in an alike way to film in a traditional camera.
- The retina is made up of two types of cells namely Cone cells and Rod cells. Cone cells detect the color while Rod cells detect low light.
- Almost every part of the body need blood supply to work. Corneas are the only tissues, which do not need blood.
- Our eyes can process more than 36 thousand bits of the information every hour. Therefore, there is no reason to doubt, when scientists call it “natural processer.”
- Eyes are sensitive to light. It contains 107 million cells, which are sensitive to light.
- During the eye treatment if you get 20/20, than its mean is your eyes are normal.
- No babies have color differentiation capacity at birth. They are color-blind at birth.
- It is said that the first person who had blue eyes, have lived 6000-10,000 years ago.
- One out of the most common and Interesting facts about eyes is, it is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- The human eye can see 500 shades of grey.
- Eyes are one of the parts of the body that do not need rest any time. They can work all the time with 100 percent efficiency.
- A normal human being, who has normal sight, and light condition is perfect than can see the light of candle from the distance of 14 miles.
- In general- conditions, a blink normally takes less than hundred to 150 milliseconds only.
- A worm does not have any eyes.
- A newborn baby does not produce tears. The baby cannot produce tears until he is one to three years old.
- People are not capable to read faster from computer screen than paper. It is seen; normally human read 25 percent slower from computer screen in comparison to papers.
- One of the most Interesting facts about eyes is our eyes remain of same size always from birth. Whereas our nose and ears grow continuously, and never stop growing.
- There can be so many reasons of blindness in humans but the major reason of blindness especially in adults is diabetes.
- Like humans, Animals also have eyes. More than 95 percent of animals have eyes. Some are very simple, jut picking up light and dark conditions whereas remaining is more complex in nature and structure. Many animals hold amazing properties.
- These Interesting facts about eyes are so informative and crucial. Enhance your knowledge by understanding and reminding these details.