Liver is one of the most important parts of the body and yet there are many hidden facts that people are still unaware of. Liver diseases are also very popular among people of almost every country but still it has not been decided how such things are affecting our society. According to a recent survey, it has been found that about 10% of the Americans are suffering from liver or gallbladder diseases. Such diseases were hidden from the local people and they even not made aware of the symptoms until recently. In very rare cases, the person could find out that he was suffering from some kind of liver disease.
Some Interesting facts about liver:
- Liver is the warehouse of a number of minerals, vitamins and iron which gives you enough energy to carry on throughout day.
- When you in take harmful materials like beer, alcohol or high amount of fat, the liver just absorb such harmful materials and keep your body running.
- Very few people know that liver is one of the largest solid organs in the human body which is 8 inches wide and 4.5 inches thick.
- The average weight of liver is about 1.6 kilograms.
- Only a few of you might be aware of the fact that liver generates blood.
- It not only generates blood but also protein into the body.
- The liver fights off so many diseases and germs that hit your body including the germs of cold and flu.
- Liver stocks you up with the extra energy that you need. It does so by saving all the energy generating fat, sugar and glucose and supplying it to the body whenever needed.
- Liver is located in the lower abdomen under the ribs; the liver has a left lobe and a right one.
- Liver carries out as many as 500 functions in the human body which also includes neutralizing toxins and fighting off the infections.
- One of the most amazing facts about liver is that it has the capability to regenerate itself. So if you are donating one part of your liver to someone, you can be sure that the liver will grow back to its original size in some time period.
- Most of the medical terms related to liver is ‘hepato’ which is because the Greek term for liver is ‘hepar’.
- The first liver transplant was performed in the year 1963 by Dr. Thomas E. Starzl.
- The Greek interpret liver as the closest organ to divinity and performed various sacrifices based on it.
Some unknown interesting facts about liver diseases:
- Almost every human being in their lifetime has suffered from some kind of liver disease or the other.
- Most of the liver diseases were unknown to the humans for quite a long time and when they were known, the humans were unable to know their symptoms in advance.
- The health of the liver must be maintained in order to free it from the diseases but there are some of the most absurd methods for doing so. Taking adequate sleep and staying away from stress can also help in the wellness of the liver.
- The liver disease symptoms might also include depression, increased libido and muscle ache.
- Taking excess of oily food can damage the liver cells to great extend.
- Liver diseases can be fatal at times and now days it is the only disease which is increasing among people.
- In England and Wales, it is estimated that liver diseases is the fifth reason why people die.
- Hepatitis B is one of the most dangerous and infectious diseases in the world.
- More than 2 billion people are affected from hepatitis B every year.
Liver is one of the most important parts of your body and it would almost be impossible to live without one of them. It performs some of the rarest functions in the body like absorbing of noxious materials and producing blood. If not cared properly, the liver may lead to a number of fatal diseases which is the reason behind a lot of deaths in the previous years.